HOW TO STREAM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV?
Stream Windows to Apple TV is very much possible. But, there are only third-party apps that make this possible. You cannot stream directly from your computer. Below-given are various apps and instructions on how to use that app to stream content from your system. Make use of the guidelines to successfully stream videos, audios, and more.
HOW TO STREAM FROM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV?
- AirPlay is not compatible with the Windows system. So, you have to use any streaming app to play videos from your system to Apple TV.
- Streaming directly from your windows system to Apple TV is not possible.
- You have to make use of a third party app such as AirParrot, X-Mirage, or AirFoil.
- Steps to stream videos using AirParrot are given here.
- The first step of the procedure is to install the AirParrot app on your system.
- It is a paid software with a seven day trial period. Install it on your computer.
- Open the app on your system. Enable the Wi-Fi option on your PC and connect it to a network of your choice.
- Next, connect the Apple TV to your wireless network. Make sure that the Apple TV and Computer are on the same network.
- Go to the Menu option and select a video to play.
- Choose your Apple TV from the list of devices displayed. The video you selected will be played on the device that is connected to your Apple TV to Stream Windows to Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM WINDOWS 10 TO APPLE TV?
- Connect your Windows 10 device to Apple TV through a Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install a video converter app on your Windows 10 system.
- Make sure to download the video converter app from the trusted website.
- Now, open the app on your Windows 10 system.
- Click the Add or Drag button displayed at the center of the screen.
- Choose the video file you wish to watch on your Apple TV.
- Click the Open button. Now the selected file will display on the video converter screen.
- Click the Output source option near the Convert Now button.
- Scroll and select the Apple TV as the output source in the pop-up menu.
- Click the Convert Now option.
- Now, open the 5K player on your Windows 10 device.
- Select the converted file and click the Open button.
- Click the Airplay button on the 5k player screen.
- Locate your Apple TV from the list of devices displayed and select it.
- Now the selected file will play on your Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM WINDOWS 7 to APPLE TV?
There are several third-party apps that will help you to video Stream Windows to Apple TV. Download any one of the suggested apps and follow the instructions provided below.
- To mirror your Windows 7 screen to the Apple TV, you can use apps such as AirMyPC, 5KPlayer, and more.
- Download the AirMyPC app on your computer. To do so, open the default browser and search for AirMyPC app.
- Go to a trusted site and download it to your system. Install it using the prompts displayed on your computer’s screen.
- Launch the app on your system after its installation.
- The next window will display the list of devices that are online. Select your Apple TV device from the list.
- Choose an option from the following:
- Mirror the Screen to your TV
- Mirror Audio only
- Mirror Both
- Start streaming movies, audio files, and more to your Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM MOVIES FROM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV?
Though Apple does provide a service to stream content from a Windows device to Apple TV, there are also various 3rd party applications like Airmypc, Airparrot 2, and Airfoil which offer this capability. Ensure that your personal computer is connected to the same network as the Apple TV.
- Follow the guidelines mentioned below for content Stream Windows to Apple TV through Airparrot 2.
- The primary step to stream content from Windows to Apple TV through Airparrot 2 is to install the application on your Windows computer.
- You can download the Airparrot 2 app from the official site and follow the prompts on the screen to install it on your computer.
- Once Airparrot 2 is installed on your computer, open it by clicking the application icon on the Windows system icon tray.
- Navigate to the media file that you want to stream to Airparrot and open it.
- Choose your Apple TV from the dropdown list after right-clicking the Airparrot icon.
- Now, the media is streamed from Windows to Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM AUDIO FROM WINDOWS PC TO APPLE TV?
- To stream audio from your PC, first, download the iTunes app on your Windows system.
- There is a volume slider available in the iTunes app.
- An AirPlay icon will be available near the slider. Press it.
- To Stream Windows to Apple TV, Select the Apple TV from the Devices list in the next step.
- The audio that you play on your Windows system will now be streamed to the Apple TV device.If you do not want to go with iTunes, you can also use AirFoil to stream audio files.
HOW TO STREAM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV USING VLC?
To use this feature, enable the Remote Playback option on your Apple TV. To stream from Windows VLC to Apple TV, perform the steps as given below.
- Power on your Apple TV and the computer to begin the process.
- Navigate to the Remote Playback option and highlight it.
- Select the Enable Remote Playback option in Remote Playback.
- The VLC remote playback server is activated. This server creates and displays the local network address for the Apple TV.
- Make sure to connect the computer and the Apple TV over the same local network.
- Launch a web browser on the computer.
- To Stream Windows to Apple TV using VLC, Type the VLC address which is visible on the Apple TV screen in the search bar and click the Enter button.
- The VLC Remote Playback screen opens.
- Click & drag the file you want to watch on Apple TV.
- Otherwise, tap the Plus button to choose the file using the File Picker dialog.
- Now the selected file will play on your Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM AIRPLAY FROM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV?
You can download a 3rd party app such as Airparrot 2, Airmypc, or Airfoil to stream airplay from Windows to Apple TV. Follow the short steps given below to set up a connection to stream airplay from Windows to Apple through Airparrot 2.
- Install the Airparrot 2 application on your computer. You can get the app from the official AirParrot site.
- Follow the guidelines that Airparrot 2 displays on the screen to install and configure the app on your computer.
- You can use a trial version to test Airparrot 2 and then purchase a serial for exploring its full potential.
- Ensure that your computer and Apple TV are on the same network. Launch Airparrot 2 by clicking its icon on the Windows status bar near the clock icon.
- Choose your Apple TV from the list displayed by Airparrot 2 on your computer screen.
- Now, you can airplay content from Windows to Apple TV through Airparrot 2.
WHY I CAN'T STREAM FROM WINDOWS TO APPLE TV?
Make use of the troubleshooting methods given below to solve the Stream Windows to Apple TV issue.
- The first step is to check if the Apple TV and your system are placed nearby. If they are positioned very far from each other, then you might face this issue.
- Check if there are any updates that have to be installed. The device should always run on its latest version.
- Make sure the Apple TV and the system are connected to the same wireless network. If not, reconnect them properly.
- Also, make sure there are no restrictions set on your Apple TV device. Remove the device you want to connect to your Apple TV from the Restrictions list.
- Examine if high-speed Internet is being provided to both the devices.
- The next solution is to check if there are any objects between the router and the device that is creating interference. Remove such objects if present between them.
- Restart your Apple TV and computer if the above-stated solutions do not solve the Stream Windows to Apple TV issue.