HOW TO STREAM FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
Streaming the videos and audios is easy if you link both the devices to the same network. The Airplay application plays a vital role in streaming. Even if the devices are not connected to the same network, Airplay makes use of the point-to-point Wi-Fi to Stream from Mac to Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM VIDEO FROM MAC SYSTEM TO APPLE TV?
- Go through the procedure below to know how to stream videos from the Mac system to the Apple TV.
- Make sure you update the software on your Mac and Apple TV to the latest version.
- Right click on the dock and select the System Preferences option from the menu.
- Choose the Displays tab and wait until the wizard loads.
- Enable the Show mirroring options in the menu bar if available.
- Move to the right side of Mac’s menu bar and locate the Airplay icon to select it.
- Select the name of your Apple TV from the list.
- In case of multiple Apple TV’s, select the one which you want to stream the video currently.
- Open the site or app that contains the video and start streaming.
- Streaming is possible only if both the devices are compatible.
HOW DO YOU STREAM MOVIES TO APPLE TV FROM MAC?
You can stream movies to the Apple TV from your Mac system via different applications like Airplay, Airparrot and more. The below steps will explain how to Stream from Mac to Apple TV.
- Open the iTunes app on your Mac.
- Locate the File option and click it.
- Select the Add to Library link.
- Browse for the movie that you want to stream and select it.
- Make sure the video format of the movie you stream supports the iTunes application.
- Locate the Open option to add them to your iTunes library.
- Start playing the movie in your iTunes app.
- Navigate to the toolbar at the top of the deck and select the icon that indicates Airplay once the video has started.
- Select your Apple TV from the list, and the movie starts streaming on it.
- The iTunes app will display the device to which it is connected.
HOW TO STREAM MUSIC TO APPLE TV FROM MAC?
You can use the Airplay application to stream audio/music on your Apple TV from your Mac system. There are no additional hardware requirements to perform audio streaming.
- Go through the steps below to stream music from your Mac system to the Apple TV.
- Ensure that you provide an internet connection to your Mac system.
- Check if the Apple TV in which you want to play music is compatible with your Mac OS, only then you will be able to stream audio.
- Now connect your Apple TV to the network with which you have linked your Mac system.
- Locate the Apple menu in the dock and select it. An apple icon resembles the corresponding menu.
- Search for the System Preferences option in the menu and select it.
- Look for the Sound option and click on it.
- Navigate to the Output section, look for your Apple TV and select it.
- The name of your Apple TV will appear only if both the devices are on the same network.
- The audio from your Mac will now start to Stream from my Mac to Apple TV steps.
HOW TO STREAM PHOTOS FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
The photos on your Mac can be viewed on the APPLE TV via the Airparrot application. A free trial version is available in many websites. Make sure to download them from an authorized site.
- The procedure below will provide you the necessary details to Stream from Mac to Apple TV for photos.
- Download the Airparrot application from the manufacturer’s official site and install it by dragging the icon into the Applications folder.
- Launch the app and move to the menu bar to modify the settings.
- Enable your Apple TV from the menu and specify the display options.
- The display options have two choices. You can either screen the photos directly or extend the display of your Mac.
- The display of your Mac will start to stream once you select the Apple TV.
- Now move to the folder or app that has your photos.
- The photos will stream as you open them on your Mac.
HOW TO SET UP AIRPLAY ON YOUR IPHONE DEVICE?
Airplay can be used only in iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or Mac. To set up Airplay on your iPhone, you must have the 4s or its later version.
- The guidelines below will assist you in setting up Airplay on your iPhone.
- Check if the iPhone you use is compatible with the Airplay application.
- The earlier versions of the iPhone will not support such applications.
- Check if the device with which you want to stream content suits Airplay.
- Set up the iPhone and Airplay device on the same network.
- Launch the Control Center of your phone by swiping the screen upwards.
- Locate the Airplay icon and click on it to display the list of available devices that are compatible with Airplay.
- An icon next to the Airplay compatible device indicates the type of content that you can stream on that specific device.
- Airplay streaming gets enabled once the device is selected.
- Move to the location where the media is present on your iPhone and tap the Play button to start streaming.
HOW TO STREAM HBO GO FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
To stream HBO, go from your Mac enabled system to your Apple TV, you need to subscribe to the service via your TV provider. By enabling the TV sound, you can start streaming the content on HBO.
- Refer to the steps below to know how to stream HBO Go from MAC to Apple TV.
- Visit the official streaming site and make sure your account is active.
- You can now view the content on HBO Go.
- Locate the Back button in the display window and return to the System Preferences window.
- Select the Sound icon in the dock and choose the Output tab.
- Click the Apple TV option which is below the Select a device for sound output option.
- Restart both the devices if you are not able to connect your Apple TV and try reconnecting them.
- Start playing the content on HBO Go and check if the Stream from Mac to Apple TV is happening.
- If you can hear the audio from Apple TV speakers, then restart the devices again and check if you can view the content.
HOW TO STREAM USING AIRPLAY FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
With Airplay, you can stream videos, audio, photos, and other media from your Mac system to the Apple TV. Before you connect the devices, make sure your Mac system and Apple TV are compatible with Airplay.The procedure to Stream from my Mac to Apple TV is described below.
- Ensure that your Mac system and Apple TV are turned on.
- Make sure that the Apple TV supports the contents you want to stream.
- Verify whether the Mac system suits your Apple TV.
- Check if both the devices are running on the latest software. If not, update them to the latest version.
- Examine whether both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the case of point-to-point Airplay mirroring, make sure your devices support such services.
Steps To Start Streaming
- Move to the right side of the dock to locate Mac’s menu bar.
- Look for the Airplay icon and select them. A drop-down list with the names of the available devices appear.
- Scroll down to find your Apple TV and select it.
- Make sure you select the right device if you have multiple Apple TV in the domain.
- Now you can start streaming your favorite content from your Mac system to the Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM YOUTUBE TO APPLE TV FROM MAC?
Youtube provides the Airplay option to stream your videos on your Apple TV. You can perform this function if you have a Mac system of the recent version and the third generation of Apple TV.
- The procedure Stream from Mac to Apple TV below will give you a detailed description on how to stream YouTube from your Mac on your Apple TV.
- Locate the Safari icon on your dock and click on it.
- Wait until the application loads.
- Move to the top of the window and select the Address bar.
- Specify the official address of the YouTube channel and press the Enter key.
- Mention the content you want to watch and wait until the application starts playing.
- Place the cursor over the video and a menu appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the small TV icon which resembles the Airplay option at the right side of the menu and a list of Airplay receivers appear on the screen.
- Select your Apple TV from the list and YouTube will stop playing on your Mac leaving a message stating “This Video is playing on ***” (the name of your Apple TV).
- Your Apple TV will now start streaming YouTube videos.
HOW TO STREAM VLC VIDEOS FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
You can directly stream the VLC videos from MAC to your Apple TV without any third party interference. The Airplay option in the VLC media player is sufficient to complete the process.
- To know the procedure for streaming VLC videos from the MAC system to your Apple TV, go through the steps below.
- Make sure both the devices are turned on.
- Both devices must be connected to the same network.
- Launch the video that you prefer to stream in the VLC media player on your Mac.
- Locate the TV icon at the top of the screen and select it. This displays a list of devices connected to the same network.
- Look for the name of your Apple TV from the drop-down menu and select it.
- Get to the top left corner of the VLC media screen and select the Audio option.
- Choose the Audio Devices option to check if the Airplay feature is enabled.
- Select the Video option to modify the related settings. It is recommended to select the Full-Screen option.
- Now play a video of your choice on the VLC player and you can see the same content streaming on your Apple TV.
CAN YOU STREAM A DVD FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
You can stream DVD videos from MAC to the Apple TV either by using the Airplay mirroring option or the help of media player utility. Some possible Stream from Mac to Apple TV methods are explained below.
Method 1: Rip DVD to stream on Apple TV
- Make sure you link the MAC system and the Apple TV to the same network.
- Convert the DVD file to the format that suits your Apple TV by using a trusted Ripper software.
- Launch the System Preferences window and select the Displays option.
- Navigate to the Airplay Mirroring segment and change the Off option to the name of your Apple TV.
- Now start streaming the DVD on your Apple TV.
Method 2: Using a Media Player
- Use a recommended media player like VLC.
- Insert the DVD into the respective drive and wait until a notification appears indicating its recognition by the system.
- Open the media player and start playing the video.
- Move to the dock and launch System Preferences --> Display.
- Select your Apple TV beneath the Airplay Mirroring option.
- The DVD content will now be streamed on your Apple TV.
HOW TO STREAM FROM MAC TO APPLE TV2 XBMC?
Streaming XBMC/Kodi for devices like Apple TV2 from MAC is not possible with Airplay or other streaming devices as they are compatible with only third generation and later version of Apple TV.
- The guidelines mentioned below will describe how to stream xbmc on your Apple TV2 from MAC.
- Make sure that you install the previous version of Kodi as the newer version doesn’t suit the second genre Apple TV.
- Establish communication between the devices using a USB cable.
- Launch the Mac terminal and enter the IP address of your Apple TV mentioned in the user documentation.
- Enter the Mac password in the related text-field on the prompt that appears.
- Type the commands mentioned below on the terminal.
- apt-get install wget
- apt-get update
- apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2
- Once you perform the above commands, your Apple TV2 will restart.
- You can find the xbmc/Kodi app installed on your TV once it resumes. You can start streaming the content from xbmc.
HOW TO SOLVE STREAMING ISSUE FROM MAC TO APPLE TV?
If you face any problem in streaming content from the Mac system to your Apple TV, reset both the devices to check for minor issues. If the issue continues. go with the Stream from my Mac to Apple TV intructions below.
- Check if the Firewall is blocking the Airplay connection.
- Launch the System Preferences window from Mac’s dock.
- Locate the Security and Privacy option and select it.
- Choose the tab mentioned Firewall.
- Beneath the Firewall settings, disable the Block all incoming connections option.
Verify if Airplay is enabled
- Locate the Airplay icon in the menu bar of the dock and select it.
- A list of devices compatible with the Airplay application get displayed.
- Check if the device you want to stream is connected to it.
- Verify whether both the devices are on the same network.
- Restart all the devices involved in the process. (Router, PC/iOS, Airplay device).
- Check the compatibility between the devices.
- Verify if the content suits the format to stream in Airplay devices.
- Check if the devices are updated with latest software/firmware.
HOW TO FIX AIRPLAY PROBLEMS?
Perform the basic operations while facing issues with the Airplay application. Adjust the firewall settings on your Mac to make sure that Airplay mirroring isn’t blocked and try out the Stream from Mac to Apple TV steps below.
- Troubleshooting Airplay Problems
- Check if the Airplay device is turned on.
- Verify if both the devices (iOS/Mac and Airplay device) are on the same network.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth settings on your iOS device are disabled.
- Check if the iOS software is updated.
- Try restarting your Wi-Fi router and Apple TV.
- Verify whether the Wi-Fi router is using the latest firmware version.
- Make sure that you stream only one device at a time.
- Check if any third party apps interfere with Airplay and uninstall them.
- Disable the mobile data while using airplay from a mobile phone.
- Re-install the iTunes app and check if the issue persists.
- Renew the DHCP license on your Mac and iOS device. For Mac, launch the System Settings -> Network -> Advanced -> TCP/IP -> Renew DHCP Lease.