WHAT IS ROKU ERROR CODE 003?
- The Roku Error Code 003 means that the software update has failed. This issue might be caused due to several reasons.
- Follow the guidelines that are stated below to rectify this error.
- When the Unable to Update Software screen appears, tap the Try Updating Again option to start the process again.
- The main solution for this problem is to verify the Server status of your Roku device.
- Do not change the network settings before checking the server status.
- Contact the manufacturer to know if there are any issues that are going on with the server.
- Check any forums or other websites to know if the server is down for maintenance or other reasons.
- If the server is down, wait till it gets back to the normal state and then try updating the Roku device.
WHAT CAUSES ERROR CODE 003 ROKU?
- When the update installation fails on your Roku device, this issue will occur.
- To resolve this Roku Error Code 003, you have to modify the Network Security Protocol.
- When you use the AES protocol, the Roku device will not be able to update the software.
- To change the protocol, follow the forthcoming guidelines.
- Find the default IP address of your router. It will be printed on the back side of the router.
- Use the IP address to log into the web management page of your router.
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Wireless option. Check if the security protocol is set as AES.
- If so, change it to WPAK2-PSK. Click the Save Settings button.
- Update the software again to check if the error has been sorted out.
HOW TO SOLVE ERROR CODE 003 ROKU?
- Error code 003 depicts the software update failure error.
- In order to sort out this error, you have to change the connection type and then try to update.
- If you connect the Roku to your router via Ethernet cable, you will be able to install the update without any errors.
- Obtain an Ethernet cable and attach it between the router’s Ethernet port and the Roku device’s Ethernet port.
- Choose the correct input channel on your TV. Turn on the Roku device and make use of the remote to search through options.
- Contact the technical team if these solutions do not help solve the Roku Error Code 003.