How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi?
Amazon Fire Stick is a device that enables any TV to stream content over applications such as Netflix, Youtube, Amazon prime and more. Amazon Fire Stick can change any TV into a Smart TV. There are no monthly charges for the stick. It depends on which services you use. For further details for How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi, follow the instructions given below.
- Link Amazon Firestick to your TV.
- Connect firestick to wifi directly by using the HDMI port on the back of the TV.
- Turn on your TV. Ensure that you have connected to the proper input source.
- Make sure the USB cord is plugged into the Fire Stick.
- One end of the USB cable should be attached to the power adapter and the other end into the power outlet.
- If your TV contains an open USB port, you can directly plug the cable into the TV.
- Select the Settings option in the Fire Stick by using the remote.
- Use the indication arrow buttons available on the remote to go to the top of the Home screen.
- Click on the Home button to go to the “Home menu” if you are not on the main Home screen.
- Select the “Network” option from the settings.
- Network is the second option in the menu that appears as a three-line icon, which resembles a Wi-Fi signal.
- Use the directional buttons on the remote.
- Select the preferred network.
- Click on your home network.
- Using the directional buttons on the remote, enter the password of your wireless network.
- Now, click the Select button on the remote.
AMAZON FIRE STICK CONNECT TO WIFI WITHOUT REMOTE?
Connect your mobile device to a home network. Make sure you use the same network to which your Fire TV device is connected. Download the Fire TV app on your device and select the fire TV device you want to pair. Follow below steps for How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi without Remote.
- Install the device with the Amazon Fire TV app to connect to Amazon Fire stick.
- Set the other phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot by entering the same wireless network name and password.
- Now, link the Amazon Fire Stick to the system using the Wi-Fi settings of the other device.
- Enter the 4-digit code that is displayed on the Amazon Fire Tv.
- Ensure that you have paired your device to the network.
- Reprogram the Amazon Fire Stick to the Building’s Wi-Fi.
- Turn off the hotspot.
- If you have the Amazon Fire Stick App, then you can use your device as a remote.
- You can also use the second phone as a hot spot.
- Navigate and control your fire TV using your device.
- You can also navigate with the voice control feature on your device.
- If the remote doesn’t show your Fire Stick, then check whether phone and stick are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Restart both the phone and Fire Stick.
How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi 5GHZ?
A 5 GHz band is ideal for new devices such as laptops, phones or tablets. Amazon Fire Stick will stream a lot of videos when connected to the 5GHZ network. Try to lower your 5Ghz channel to 36. Follow our below guidelines for How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi 5GHZ.
- Connect the Amazon Fire Stick to the TV. Turn on the power cords.
- The Amazon Fire Stick has trouble finding the 5GHz network or connecting to it.
- This problem is caused mainly by Dynamic Frequency Selection on Network.
- Here, the router will broadcast the 5GHz network over channels 52-64 and 100-140
- Log into the Amazon Network settings.
- Find the wireless settings page.
- In the channel option, try to lower your 5GHz network channel to 36-48.
- Click Apply, then save and exit.
- If you don’t see your preferred system, select “Rescan.”
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is not hidden.
- If your preferred network is hidden, then select “Join Other Network” at the bottom of the tab.
- Manually type the network name and password.
- If still the problem remains unresolved, turn off the device and try to reconnect it.
- Ensure that there is proper connectivity.
- Also, check whether the HDMI cable is connected correctly.
HOW TO CONNECT AMAZON FIRE STICK TO LAPTOP THROUGH WIFI?
Amazon Fire Stick can support laptops which have HDMI port.You need a wireless connection to access it. The HDMI cable should be connected to the laptop. This will stream content on your screen. Follow below procedure for How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi on your Laptop.
- The Amazon Fire Stick uses the HDMI cable to connect to your Tv.
- Fire Stick will start to stream content on your screen.
- The laptop and the Amazon Fire Stick supports HDMI connection.
- Both are broadcast output device that can send signals to external monitors.
- Make sure your laptop and Amazon Firestick are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Select Mirroring and then the notification button in the Windows taskbar.
- Select the Connect option from the bottom slider.
- Finally, select your Amazon Fire Stick when the Windows detects it.
- Select Network from the Menu option. See the name of your network in the list of networks.
- Enter the Wi-Fi network and password.
- Press the Connect button.
- Once the fire stick is attached to your laptop, it will say connected.
- If the mirrored screen is displayed very small, you can change the resolution on your computer to make it better.
WHY FIRE STICK WON’T CONNECT TO 5GHz WI-FI?
At times, the Fire Stick will not be able to connect to the 5GHz Wi-Fi. This happens if the device finds it difficult to identify the bandwidth of the same SSID.
POSSIBILITIES OF A FIRE STICK NOT CONNECTING TO 5GHz WI-FI
- The following are the reasons and solutions for why a Fire Stick is not able to connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
- Check if your Router supports the 5GHz Wi-Fi connection and enable it.
- If your 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi has the same SSID, then the Fire Stick has an issue in accepting any of the networks. Then try changing the SSID of the 5 GHz network and check if you can connect it to the Fire Stick.
- Altering the position and orientation of your router may improve the 5GHz signal strength.
- Adjust the antennas of the Router to achieve the best performance of your 5GHz network.
- How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi, Visit the connect amazon fire stick to wifi configuration page of your Router and click the Wireless tab.
- Locate the Wireless Network (5GHz a/n/ac) heading and select the channel that suits the 5GHz network from the drop-down list and choose the Apply button to confirm your settings.
- Now Reboot the router and reconnect your Amazon Fire Stick to the 5GHz network.
HOW TO SOLVE AMAZON FIRE STICK CONNECTION ISSUES?
The Amazon Fire Stick’s connect firestick to wifi fails due to the many reasons. The Router that you use to connect may not be compatible with your Fire Stick. There are chances that the Router Configuration may be incorrect. You will face setup interruptions if you have entered the wrong password. An outdated software version of the Router also fails the connection.
WHY YOU CANNOT CONNECT THE AMAZON FIRE STICK TO TV?
The Setup process of the Amazon Fire Stick is straightforward. If you find difficulties to connect amazon fire stick to wifi, then try following the suggestions mentioned below.
- Unplug the Fire Stick from the TV and plug it back again.
- Try inserting the Fire Stick in a different HDMI port of the TV.
- Perform the Restart function by pressing the Select and Play buttons simultaneously.
- If your Router meets the requirement of your Fire TV Stick and the connection is still not possible, then chances are there that the Router Configuration is incorrect.
- Verify if the Input Channel you have entered matches the HDMI port you have connected the Fire Stick.
- Make sure the software version of the Fire Stick is not outdated.
- Check if the Network connection is active.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct Language and Location settings in your Amazon account.
- The manufacturer recommends using the HDMI adapter or Extender included with the device to optimize the location of the device and improve the network connectivity.
- Make sure that you use the same Amazon account from where you have purchased the device.
- The previously used Fire Stick has to be de-registered before you begin to install it on your TV.
WHY AMAZON FIRE STICK CONNECTS TO WI-FI BUT NOT TO INTERNET?
The Amazon Fire TV has a network status tool to help you solve the issues with your network connection. The network tool ensures connecting to your selected network. It also checks whether the device has an active Internet connection.
- At times you can connect amazon fire stick to wifi and the network may not be online.
- Low or Poor quality signal strength is the prime reason for this kind of issue.
- In such cases, restart the Modem & your Router and check if the Fire Stick gets access to the Internet.
- Try moving the Modem or Router closer to your TV.
- The device needs to be linked to the power supply.
- If you see a network disconnection prompt, select the name of your Wi-Fi from the Network Settings, enter the password, and check if the connection is successful.
- Use an Ethernet adapter to connect the Fire TV stick to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- Change the Wi-Fi channel to the recommended settings if prompted.
- Check if you can access the internet from other devices.
- Position the Fire Stick away from the TV using the HDMI Extender to increase the Wi-Fi signal strength.
- Check if you have placed any other electronic devices near your TV and move them away to limit interference.
AMAZON FIRE STICK WI-FI CONNECTED WITH PROBLEMS
The error message Connected with Problems displays on the screen due to Network connectivity issues. Check the Network Status on your TV to ensure that the connection is active. You can also try the following connect firestick to wifi steps to resolve this issue.
- Check the Network Status information on your Fire TV.
- Enter the Password of your Wi-Fi network again and try to reconnect it.
- Try connecting the network to your TV using the WPS button on the Router.
- Alter the Configuration settings on your router.
- Check the device setup. Make sure you don’t place objects between the device and your router in such a way that it limits the Network coverage.
- Verify if the compatibility between the Router and the Fire TV stick.
- Update the software version of your Router if outdated.
- Reset the Modem and configure it again, and then check if the issue resolves on your Fire TV device.
- Ensure that the Network speed is good enough to make a connection.
- Forget the Current Wi-Fi connection from the TV network settings, rescan to search for available for How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to WiFi networks and connect it to the Internet again.