What is Roku Error Code 014.20?
If Roku Error Code 014.20 is shown on your TV screen, it indicates a network issue. It is easy to clear the error. There are two methods available to solve this error code issue. You can choose the most appropriate method for your device.
- Connect your Roku to a cable modem.
- Ensure that you change the settings on Roku.
- Complete your Ethernet connection and select Roku settings.
- Click on wireless connection.
- Choose your network provider. If prompted, enter your security password. The password is case sensitive.
- If the issue persists, try with the second method provided below.
- Click Home on your Roku Remote.
- Press the UP arrow or button to go to the menu bar.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose factory Reset.
- Select Yes.
- This should solve the Roku Error Code 014.20 issue.
How To Solve Roku Error Code 014.20?
When the Roku player is unable to join the local network, the error code message 014.20 pops up. Follow these steps to resolve the error code message.
- Placing the Roku device far from the router will weaken the signal strength, resulting in the error code.
- Try placing the router close to the Roku device.
- Now, restart the Roku device and your router.
- Go to the Settings menu and then select System.
- Select the System Restart option, and your Roku device will turn off and on by itself.
- You can try rebooting the router by unplugging it from the power source and then plugging it back in.
- It will take a few minutes for both the devices to restart completely.
- This can resolve the Roku Error Code 014.20 and the Roku player will be able to connect to the local network.