What is Roku error code 60?
It usually occurs due to streaming DirecTV Now on many devices from a single account. You need to have an additional subscription to use more than two active streams. Follow the quick instructions to rectify the error code 60.
How to solve Roku error code 60?
- Close the app or streaming service once the error code 60 appears.
- Power off your device and restart it to fix the error.
- Uninstall your Roku app and re-install it to rectify the error.
- Check for the updates that are available for your Roku device.
- End one of the active streams to continue streaming.
- If the problem persists, do the next step to fix the error code 60.
- Manage the subscription to fix the Roku error code 60.
- Open the Roku application.
- Go to My channel and select the channel which you are using to watch.
- Select the Manage subscription option from the list.
- Click the Cancel subscription option to cancel the subscription.
- Canceling the subscription will help you to remove the subscription from all the devices you connect it to.
- Try resetting the subscription password to rectify the error code 60.