Roku WiFi Problems
If there are Wi-Fi connection issues on your Roku device, follow these guidelines to resolve them.
- Make sure to connect the Roku device to the correct Wi-Fi SSID. Selecting the wrong Wi-Fi SSID is one of the main reasons for the Wi-Fi connection issue on the Roku device.
- Check whether you are entering the correct Roku Wifi Problems passphrase for the Wi-Fi SSID to which you are connecting your Roku device. You need to check whether you are entering the passphrase characters in the correct case as the passphrase is case-sensitive.
- Try connecting your smart device to the router and check whether you are able to browse the web over this wireless connection. If you are unable to access the internet, set the router’s network connection right, and then try connecting the Roku device to the router.
- In some cases, a Roku device restart solves the Wi-Fi issue. Go to Settings --> System --> System Restart. If your Roku device does not have this option, unplug it from the power source and reattach the power cable after a while.
TCL Roku TV Wi-Fi Problems
If you face Wi-Fi issues on the TCL Roku TV, you can follow these guidelines to resolve them.
- Tap the Home button on your Roku device five times, up button once, rewind twice, and then fast-forward twice. Now, you’ll see the device run through the menu and pause for a while. The Roku device reboots. Check whether this procedure resolves the TCL Roku TV Wi-Fi issue.
- Unplug the TCL Roku TV from the power source and wait for a minute before reattaching the power cable. Doing this reboots the TCL Roku TV and fixes the Wi-Fi issue in most cases.
- You can check the Wi-Fi network to which the TCL Roku TV is connected by going to Settings --> Network --> About. Check the signal strength status. If the signal strength is poor, try moving the TCL Roku TV closer to the router and check whether the issue is resolved.
Roku 3 Wi-Fi Problems
If you face Roku Wifi Problems on the Roku 3 device, you can follow these guidelines to resolve them.
- Check the error code displayed on the Roku device. If the error code 009 is displayed, try connecting your smart device to the network. If you are able to access a public site from the smart device when connected to the network to which the Roku device is connected, it means that there is an issue with Wi-Fi strength or the Roku device itself. Move the Roku device closer to the network device and check whether the issue is resolved. Also, try restarting the Roku device.
- If there is an error code 012 or 013 on the Roku device, it means that there is an Ethernet problem. Try connecting the Roku device to the network device via another Ethernet cable and check whether the issue is resolved. If it works, replace the Ethernet cable. If that does not fix the Roku 3 Wi-Fi issue, unplug the router from its power source and reattach the power cable after a few minutes. If the router power cable detach-attach method does not work, press and hold the router’s Reset button for about 15 seconds. Then, configure the router and try connecting the Roku device to it.
- When using a Roku 3 device connected to the internet over a wireless network, remove any obstructions between the router and Roku device. Move the Roku 3 device closer to the router to improve the wireless signal strength and then check whether the Roku Wifi Problems issue is resolved.
Roku Wi-Fi password problem
- First, ensure that you have typed the correct name of the wireless network.
- Then, ensure that the password is entered correctly.
- Now, try accessing the internet and check whether the router is working.
- Make sure that the location where is router is placed, and has enough signal strength.
- Locate the router to the place where the signal strength is strong.
- If the issue persists, restart the Roku device and the router.
- First, Roku player launch Settings, select System, and click System Restart.
- Next, to restart the Roku TV, launch Settings and then select System ->Power->System restart.
- Now, to restart the router, disconnect the power cord, and connect it back to the wall socket or long-press the Reset button on the device.
Sharp Roku TV Wi-Fi problems
- First, make sure to type in the correct network ID of the wireless network.
- Next, enter the correct password key of the wireless network correctly.
- Try to sustain the connection with one specified device.
- Then, check whether the router is working by accessing the internet.
- Next, check for the signal strength of the router.
- If the signal strength is weak, locate the router to the position where the signal strength is strong.
- Now, restart the Roku player.
- First, launch Settings, select System, and tap System Restart.
- Now, restart the Roku TV, go to the Settings menu and select System -> Power-> System Restart.
- At last, restart the router.
- Try to disconnect the router from the socket and then connect it back after some time.
- Keep pressing the Reset button to restart the router.