What is Roku Error Code 0033?
The Roku Error Code 0033 occurs when there is a change in the subscribed package. Mostly this error occurs when you use Wi-Fi connection out of state, due to the change in the billing address. When different devices use different streams, a content not authorized error will arise. Follow the quick instructions to fix error code 0033.
How to Solve Error Code 0033 Roku?
Update the software to solve error code 0033. Proceed with the guidelines below to update the software.
- Tap the Home button on your remote for 5 times.
- Press the Fast Forward button three times and the Rewind button two times.
- Go to Update Software and then click the OK button to update the software.
If the problem persists, remove or delete the account added in other devices.
- Log out and log into your account using the same login credentials.
- You can also reset the password to fix the error.
Authenticating the channel will also help you to fix error code 0033.
- Open your Roku device.
- Select your favorite channel from the channel list displayed on the home screen of your device.
- The activate device window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the activation code correctly.
- Roku Error Code 0033, Click the OK option to complete the activation and sign into your account using the login credentials.
Use the mobile internet connection instead of Wi-Fi when you are out of the station.
Go to settings, and choose the Application option from the Manage All Installed Applications menu. Click the Clear cache option to clear the cache on your Firestick.