Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118
The Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118 appears when the data stored in the streaming device has to be refreshed. Usually, when a user streams Netflix on a streaming device for an extended period of time without powering it off, this condition occurs. The streaming device will no longer be able to stream content unless the information is refreshed.
ERROR CODE TVQ-ST-118 ON BLU-RAY PLAYER NETFLIX
Here are the guidelines to fix the Netflix error TVQ-ST-118 on a Blu-ray player.
- Access the site ‘netflix.com/clearcookies’ on a computer which is connected to the same Wi-Fi SSID to which the Blu-Ray player is connected. This clears the Netflix account cookies. Choose the Sign In option, enter your Netflix account information and look for Netflix site error messages. If there are any, try streaming content on Netflix after a while.
- Power off the Blu-ray player and network devices. Disconnect the power cables from the Blu-ray player and network devices. After30 seconds, reattach the power cables to the Blu-ray player and network devices. Then, attach the network cables to the network devices and Blu-ray player. Now, check whether the Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118 is cleared.
- Try to find out whether there is an issue with the router. Disconnect the modem from the router and connect the Blu-ray device directly to the modem. If the error message is cleared, it means that there is something wrong with the router.
- Contact the Internet Service Provider and check whether there is a network issue at their end. If the issue is not at the ISP’s end, contact our tech support team to get assistance with clearing the TVQ-ST-118 error code on your Blu-ray player.
Solve Netflix error code tvq-st-118 on Smart TV
This Netflix tvq-st-118 error code appears on a Smart TV to intimate you that the device must be refreshed.
- Go to the manufacturer site on the computer and troubleshoot the issue.
- Next, restart the Home network. Power off the Smart TV.
- Then, disconnect the modem from power for 30 seconds.
- Next, reconnect the modem and wait for the lights to flash.
- Now, switch on the Smart TV and then try to stream Netflix.
- Now connect the Smart TV to the modem. Switch off the smart TV.
- Connect the modem and the Smart TV using an Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect the modem for 30 seconds and then wait for the new LED lights to blink. Then,power on the Smart TV.
error code tvq-st-118 Netflix on Xbox One
When the Netflix error code tvq-st-118 appears on Xbox one, know that the data or information stored on the device needs to be refreshed.
- First, check whether the network supports the streaming.
- Next, check the internet connection.
- On the Xbox One controller, press the Menu button.
- Now, choose Settings from the Home screen.
- Next, choose Network Network Settings Network Connection.
- Now, check the Xbox’s DNS settings.
- Navigate to the Network Settings tabAdvanced SettingsDNS SettingsAutomatic.
- Next, press B to save the settings.
- Now, try streaming Netflix again.
- If the issue persists, restart the home network by unplugging the video game console.
- Disconnect the modem from the power socket for 30 seconds.
- Next, reconnect it and check whether the LED lights are flashing. Now, power on the game console and try streaming Netflix.
- Locate the router to a place where the Wi-Fi signal is strong. Plug the game console straightly to the modem.
- Power off the game console. Use an Ethernet cable and connect the game console directly to the modem.
- Disconnect the modem from the electrical socket for 30 seconds and connect it back. Check whether the LED lights are flashing.
- Now, turn on the game console and try to stream Netflix again.
error code tvq-st-118 Netflix on PlayStation 4
When the Netflix error code tvq-st-118 occurs, the data stored on the device has to be refreshed.
- First, make sure that the network is supporting the streaming device.
- Then, Restart the PlayStation. Disconnect the PlayStation 4 from the electrical socket for a minute.
- Next, connect it back to the power socket. Power on the PlayStation 4 with the power button.
- Next, try streaming Netflix. Check the DNS settings.
- Select Settings under the PS4 main menu.
- Choose Network and then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Use Wi-Fi or Use a LAN Cable based on your connection method.
- For Wireless connection, choose Custom from the Use Wi-Fi menu.
- Next, choose the Wi-Fi network name.
- For wired connection, choose Automatic for IP address settings.
- For DHCP Host Name, choose Do Not Specify.
- For DNS Settings and MTU settings, choose Automatic.
- For Proxy Server, select Do Not Use.
- Now, select Test Connection.
- If the connection is successfully established, then try streaming Netflix again.
- Now, restart the Home network.
- Disconnect the video game control. Unplug the modem and the wireless router from the electrical socket for about 30 seconds.
- Now, reconnect the modem and wait for the LED lights on it to blink.
- Then, power on the game console and try streaming Netflix.
- Plugin the game console directly to the modem.
- Power off the game console. Make use of an Ethernet cable and connect the game console directly to the modem.
- Disconnect the modem from the power for at least 30 seconds and then plug it back. Wait for the LED lights to blink.
- Now, power on the game console and try streaming Netflix again. Now the Netflix Error Code tvq-st-118 will be cleared.