How to Update Amazon Fire Stick?
The Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming device that lets you watch your favorite movies and TV Shows over an internet connection. know How to Update Amazon Fire Stick that happen automatically. If the automatic update does not happen, you can do a manual update for it.
- Power on your Amazon Fire Stick and press the Home button on the remote.
- In Amazon Fire Stick, the software version updates automatically.
- If the update doesn’t happen automatically, you can perform a manual update.
- Go to the Settings menu and search for Devices.
- Click Device and select System.
- Select About and scroll down until you find Software Version.
- Click on the Software Version menu and select Check For System Update.
- Your device will search for available updates.
- If you are suggested to install a new software version, select Install System Update.
- If your device is already upgraded to the current version, then select OK.
- During the update, the Amazon Fire TV might freeze.
- Press the Select and Play or Pause buttons simultaneously.
- The Amazon Fire TV will work properly and allow the software update to occur.
How to Stream?
- Using the Apple TV application, you can subscribe to all the channels that you require without the necessity to download any application.
- Look for a channel in the Apple TV app to Apple TV Streaming Channels for watching TV shows, movies, and other content using a subscription plan.
- Make sure that your Apple TV runs on 12.3 TV OS or later operating systems.
- Else, you must have an Apple TV with the Software Update 7.3 or newer versions.
- After you download the Apple TV application on your device, open it and then choose the Watch Now option from the top of the window.
- To try the Apple channels or to get a specific channel and scroll through the screen to find the desired one.
- Choose the name of the channel that you wish to subscribe, else begin a free trial.
- Once the free trial period ends, your designated Apple ID will be charged.
- You might be instructed to enter your Apple ID and the password.
- Ensure that you type the ID which you use for iTunes and App Store purchases.
- You might be asked to confirm your billing data and select a valid payment method.
- When you are prompted, agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Now you can start to do Apple TV Streaming Channels and watch all the favorite channels on your Apple TV.
HOW TO UPDATE APPS ON AMAZON FIRE STICK?
If an application is not functioning on your Amazon Fire TV Stick properly, you can update it to the latest version and try using it. To learn how to Update Amazon Fire Stick apps, read the set of Amazon Fire Stick Update instructions given below.
STEPS TO UPDATE AMAZON FIRE STICK
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to the App section.
- Select the app that you want to update.
- If you see an Update button, click on it.
- A pop-up dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Select the Update App Now option.
- Wait until the app is updated on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Once the update is completed, the app will launch automatically.
HOW TO UPDATE HULU ON AMAZON FIRE STICK?
You can download Netflix movies, Hulu, and YouTube on Amazon Fire Stick. It is recommended to update the apps regularly to enjoy uninterrupted service.
- Power on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to the Your Apps & Games section and search for the Hulu app.
- Press the More Options or the Triple line button on the Amazon Fire Stick’s remote.
- Select More Info and wait for it to display the latest version.
- If an update is available for the Hulu app, select Open.
- A Prompt will appear to confirm the installation of the new update.
- Select Yes to update the Hulu app.
- Wait until the update is complete and the app will open automatically or follow the how to Update Amazon Fire Stick guides.
HOW TO UPDATE MOBDRO ON AMAZON FIRE STICK?
If you own an Amazon Fire Stick, you can download the apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Mobdro on it. When you have these apps, it is recommended for Amazon Fire Stick Update to the latest version.
- Power up your Amazon Fire TV Stick and go to the Settings panel.
- Select System in the Settings menu.
- Click Allow Apps from an Unknown Source to enable installing the apps from third-party sources.
- You can download and install third-party apps like ES File Explorer to update Mobdro.
- Click Add button and choose the Mobdro app from the list.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- Select Open File button.
- Now, your Amazon Fire Stick TV will install the Mobdro app within a few seconds.
HOW TO UPDATE HBO GO ON YOUR AMAZON FIRE STICK?
Just like you update the computer or smartphone to latest software version, you can also update the apps available on Amazon Fire TV Stick. To update HBO, go to Amazon Fire TV Stick and perform the How to Update Amazon Fire Stick instructions given below.
- Switch on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and go to the Home menu.
- Scroll to the right and select the Settings menu.
- Click Applications and choose Automatic Updates.
- Click ON to enable automatic updates on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- After you enable Auto Updates on your device, it automatically updates to the latest software.
- You can also manually update the HBO Go app.
- Select the HBO Go application and press the More Info button on your remote.
- Click Yes for Amazon Fire Stick Update the HBO Go app to latest version.
How to update Amazon Fire Stick Jailbreak?
Jailbreaking Amazon Fire Stick is nothing but the installation of Kodi on it. The updates for Kodi software will be available from time to time. It is essential to keep the software updated in order to enable the new features.
- Ensure that your Fire TV is connected to the network.
- Go to the Search option and type Developer in the search field.
- Select the Downloader app from the list of applications displayed.
- Launch the app.
- In the URL box displayed on the main page of the app, enter the URL for Kodi.
- Select the Go option to initiate browsing.
- The official Kodi site opens.
- Using the remote, navigate to the Android version of the Kodi software.
- Select the 32 or 64-bit version. The recent versions of the Fire Sticks come with 32-bit CPUs.
- Find the Release version of the app.
- Wait while the updated APK file downloads.
- The Downloader will proceed to install the file once the download completes.
- To confirm the installation, select the Install option on the pop-up that appears.
- The latest version of Kodi will run on your Fire TV.
- Start streaming your favorite movies with the updated features of Kodi and repeat the how to Update Amazon Fire Stick steps again.
HOW TO STOP AMAZON FIRE STICK FROM UPDATING?
Amazon Fire Stick, by default, automatically installs an update that is available. The updates can be blocked using a debloater or router. The simple steps to block the Software update are given below.
- Ensure that the ADB Debugging feature is enabled on your Fire TV.
- Get the IP address of your Fire TV.
- Download and install the ADB Fire app on your computer.
- Download and install the Debloater application as well.
- Now, establish a connection between the Fire TV with ADB Fire.
- Launch the Debloater application once the Fire TV connects to ADB Fire.
- Find the DeviceSoftwareOTA.apk option and select it.
- Click the Apply option. Fire Stick TV will not be downloaded anymore.
How to block Amazon Fire Stick update?
The process of preventing the automatic installation of updates on your Fire Stick TV differs for rooted and non-rooted Fire Stick devices. Some easy instructions for blocking the Amazon Fire Stick Update for both the categories of devices are given below.
- Launch the Fire Stick home screen.
- Go to the Settings menu and then select the Developer option.
- If the ADB Debugging option is not turned on, enable it.
- Connect your Fire TV via ADB.
- For rooted Fire Stick devices, go to your computer and open the Run dialog box. Type ‘adb shell’ in it.
- In the next line, type ‘su’ and run it.
- If the Fire TV prompts you to enable Superuser access to perform changes, select the Grant option.
- If your Fire TV runs on OS 5 or above, run the command ‘pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota’ on your computer.
- For OS version 3 and above, run the ‘pm disable com.amazon.dcp’ command.
- Once the process is complete, exit the command box.
- For non-rooted devices, run the command ‘adb shell pm hide com.amazon.device.software.ota’ on your computer.
- Next, run the ‘exit’ command.
- The update will be unblocked if you factory reset the Fire TV.
- To enable the updates again, just replace the ‘disable’ with ‘enable’ in the above-stated commands.
Amazon Fire Stick Updates 2017
The Amazon Fire Stick can automatically download and install software. To manually install the update, you can browse, check for new updates, and install the required ones. Follow below steps for How to Update Amazon Fire Stick for 2017.
- Launch the Fire TV on your HDTV.
- From the home menu, select the Settings option.
- Select the Device option.
- Navigate to the About section.
- Choose the Check for System Update option.
- You can see the details of the recent updates that have been installed.
- Choose the Check for System Update option.
- The Fire TV will check for new releases.
- You will be prompted to install any new releases immediately.
- Follow the pop-ups to complete the process.
- To set the Amazon Fire Stick Update software automatically, go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Device option and then choose Restart.
- When a confirmation window appears, confirm Restart again.
- Wait for the Fire TV to reboot.
- After rebooting, it will automatically look for updates and install them.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Update 2018
The process of updating software is similar in all versions of the Fire TV Stick device. These Fire Stick devices can automatically install the updates, or you can install them manually. Both how to Update Amazon Fire Stick processes are provided below.
- To update the apps on your Fire TV, view the Fire TV Stick home screen.
- Go to the Settings menu and then select the Applications option.
- Choose App Store.
- Find the Automatic Updates and enable it.
- All the apps that have an update available will be installed.
- You can also install the updates for your remote.
- Go to the Fire TV menu and then select the Settings option.
- Choose the Controllers and Bluetooth Devices option.
- Choose the Amazon Fire TV Remotes option.
- Select your remote from the list of remotes displayed.
- The instructions for installing updates will appear on the screen.
- Press the Select option on your remote and then tap the Continue option.
- The update will be automatically installed.
- To manually update the software, select the My Fire TV option from the Settings menu.
- Click the About option and then select the Install System Update. Wait while the software update installs.
How to Update Amazon Fire Stick Exodus?
If you have the old Exodus version running on your Fire TV or the Exodus No Stream available message appears, you need to update it. Follow the easy instructions for How to Update Amazon Fire Stick given on the page to update Exodus.
- Launch the Kodi software on your Fire TV Stick.
- Select the Add Ons option.
- Choose the Exodus option and then select Information.
- The Installation Wizard opens.
- Select the Update option. The Amazon Fire Stick Update process begins.
- To directly install the latest version, select the Settings option on the Kodi software.
- Choose the File Manager option.
- Find the Add Source option and then select it.
- When a pop-up appears prompting you to enter the media name and URL, type the path for Kodi site and select OK.
- Type a suitable media source name and select OK.
- Choose the Add-Ons tab and select the Package Installer option from the menu bar.
- Locate the Install Zip file option.
- Select the downloaded source file.
- Choose the Repositories option and then select the Android version. On the next screen that opens, choose the repository to Kodi and install it.
- Next, select the Install from Repository option. Select the Exodus option from the Video Add-on section and choose Install. The Exodus software updates.
HOW TO SOLVE ISSUES WITH A FIRE TV SOFTWARE UPDATE?
The software may not update due to hardware failure, or if any settings for blocking the software update is enabled. Refer to the how to Update Amazon Fire Stick steps given below to resolve this issue.
- First, remove the power cord from the rear of the Fire TV and then plug it back after a few seconds.
- To restart the device using the remote, press the Select and Play/Pause buttons simultaneously for 5-10 seconds.
- Ensure that your Fire TV is connected to the network.
- Else, go to the Settings menu on the Fire TV, select the Device option, and then choose Restart.If the issue persists, check if you have enabled any software-blocking settings on the Fire TV.
- Try installing the updates manually. Go the Settings menu on your Fire TV and then select the My Fire TV option.
- Select the About option.
- Navigate to the Install System Update option using the Remote and select it.
- Wait for the software installation to complete. If the software does not install, carry out the troubleshooting steps given below.
- Reset your Fire Stick TV.
- Go to the Settings menu and select the My Fire TV option.
- Choose the Reset to Factory Defaults option.
- This removes all the personal data and downloaded files from the Fire TV Stick.
- Wait for the Fire TV to reboot.
- Reconnect the Fire TV Stick to network and try to install the updates.
- The Complete Steps for How to Update Amazon Fire Stick and to Fix Issues is Completed.