How to Set Up Roku Stick?
Only when you properly knowing to Roku Stick Setup, you will be able to enjoy the exciting features of it. The Roku streaming stick features resolutions up to 1080 full High Definition. An Enhanced point anywhere remote control is shipped along with the device. The guidelines on How to Set Up Roku Stick are discussed on this web page.
Instant Steps to Set Up Roku Streaming Stick
After the Roku streaming stick is shipped at your doorstep, the first step to be done is to set it up. Now, go with the instructions that are provided below.
- Make sure you get the following items: remote control, streaming stick, batteries, adapter, USB cable, and power cord.
- First, locate the HDMI input port on your TV.
- Now, plug the Roku streaming stick into your television.
- Connect the extender cable into the TV and then press the Input button on your remote control.
- Now power On your Roku streaming stick.
- Select your language on the initial screen by scrolling down the list and then press the OK button on the remote.
- Link the Roku streaming stick to an active Internet connection.
- From the list of wireless networks, tap on the name of your SSID.
- Enter your password and do not proceed until the Roku stick downloads the recent version of the software.
- Choose the Set Display Type option and let your Roku streaming stick detect the best resolution.
- If you want to modify the display time, go to Settings and select the Display Type option.
- Activate your Roku Streaming Stick device by creating a Roku account.
- The prompts for turning On your Roku streaming device will be displayed on your TV.
- An activation code will appear. Type the same on your Personal Computer and go with the How to Set Up Roku Stick procedures that display on the screen.
- After you have finished all the activation instructions, the Roku device can be used to stream any content.
Roku Streaming Stick Setup Without Remote
Utilize the Roku remote app for setting up the Roku streaming stick without the remote control. Now, proceed with the instructions that are provided below to set up your Roku device.
- Ensure that the Roku streaming device is connected to your TV.
- You need a mobile or hotspot device.
- Your Apple or Android mobile device must be capable of downloading the Roku remote application.
- Get the name and password of the Wi-Fi network to which the Roku device was linked previously.
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple Store app on your mobile device and type Roku remote in the search bar to download the app.
- Wait for the Roku remote application to download.
- Now your computer or mobile and the Roku Streaming Stick must be associated with the same local network.
- Tap the Roku remote app icon to open the same.
- To start using the app, tap the Remote button.
- Another way to control the Roku device is through a voice assistant. Download the Quick Remote app on your Apple or Android device.
- Open the app and touch the Select a Roku option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the name of your Roku Stick that you want to connect to the voice assistant.
- Navigate to the Main dialog box and select the Login with Amazon option.
- Now login to the voice assistant’s site and select the Skills button from the Main window.
- Type Quick Box in the search box and then press the Enter button.
- Tap the Quick Remote application and then select the Enable button.
- Now you can control your Roku Streaming Stick through the voice assistant.
HOW TO SET UP ROKU STICK WITHOUT CREDIT CARD?
Roku is a streaming device that features more content and channels. The setup process of the Roku Streaming Stick can be carried out easily. The How to Set Up Roku Stick steps for setting up the Roku stick without using a credit card are as follows.
- When your first Roku Stick Setup, you will be asked to register your device by on the manufacturer’s website.
- Choose the My Account option and then click Create Account.
- Type your name and email address. Select the required password.
- When prompted to confirm that you are not a robot, perform the necessary steps to prove the same.
- Type and confirm a password for your Roku account.
- To be safe, click on the Require a PIN for all transactions button.
- On the next dialog box, you will be prompted to enter your billing details.
- Choose PayPal and then enter your correct email address.
- Else, create a new account with PayPal.
- Enter the address, phone number, and click on the Submit button.
- Now your Roku device will redirect you to the official Paypal web page.
- Log into your account to confirm that you are connecting the Roku device to PayPal.
- After the PayPal page opens, close it.
- Open a new browser and then go to the www.roku.com site.
- Select the My Account option. A window will open stating ‘Add a payment method to make purchases.’
- Scroll down and choose the Link a Device button.
- Comply with the prompts that display on the device to complete the process.
HOW TO SET UP THE ROKU STICK DEVICE FOR YOUR TV?
To enjoy the features of your Roku Streaming Stick, the first step is to set it up. Brief instructions on How to set up Roku stick on your television are provided below.
- Find the HDMI port on your TV and connect the Roku stick into it.
- Make note of the HDMI port number.
- Now, insert one end of the power cable to your Roku streaming stick and the other end to a functioning outlet.
- Power On your TV and select either the Video, Source, or Input button on the remote.
- Find and select the HDMI slot to which the Roku stick is inserted.
- Choose a language and allow your Roku stick to link to the Wi-Fi network, and then perform the update process if needed.
- Verify the settings and do not continue until the activation code displays on the screen.
- Open the browser, go to Roku’s site, and type the code on it.
- Click the Submit button and type all the necessary data such as email address, name, and password in the required fields.
- If directed, create an account key.
- When directed, type your desired payment method.
- Follow any additional steps that display on the screen.
- Confirm the email address. After you have finished the setup process, you can utilize your Roku stick for streaming your videos on the television.
Roku Stick Setup on Samsung Smart TV
Roku streaming stick lets users enjoy many entertainment channels directly on their Samsung Smart TV. The Roku devices generally function over the Internet. Now, carry out the How to Set Up Roku Stick procedures that are given below.
- Roku is available as Roku Stick and Roku Player.
- You can refer to the instructions below to set up a Roku Player or a Roku Stick.
- Ensure that your Samsung TV has at least one HDMI port on it.
- Now, attach one end of the HDMI cord to the port located at the rear of your Roku Streaming Stick.
- The other end of the HDMI cord must be connected to the appropriate HDMI port on your Samsung Smart TV.
- If the HDMI port is not available on your Samsung Smart TV, connect the Roku Streaming Stick directly to the TV.
- You have to use an HDMI to component adapter if the Samsung TV has yellow, white, and red ports.
- Insert your Roku device to a functioning power source.
- Now, power On the Samsung Smart TV and then press the Input, Source, and Video buttons on its remote.
- Select the appropriate HDMI port in which your Roku Streaming Stick is connected.
- The Roku Stick Setup screen will open. Make use of the arrow keys to select your preferred language.
- Press OK. When the Network page opens, link your Roku device to a Wi-Fi connection.
- Select your network SSID name, type its password, and then end the setup process by choosing the OK button.
How to Setup Roku Stick on Laptop?
Setting up a Roku streaming stick on your laptop is not possible directly. Follow the below-given method to associate your Roku streaming stick to the laptop for How to Set Up Roku Stick on laptop.
Roku Stick Setup on Laptop
Roku streaming stick can work on any device that has an HDMI input port available.But the laptop or computer we possess do not have an input port, so it is not possible to connect the Roku streaming stick to the laptop directly. However, there is another method to associate them.
- Turn on the computer and launch a web browser of your choice.
- Go to the search bar, type http://www.plexapp.com/getplex/, and press the Enter button available on your keyboard.
- Once the website loads, you can see three options present on the home screen.
- There are three options available for download namely: Plex Media Server download for Mac, Plex Media Server download for Windows, and Plex Media Server download for Linux.
- Wait till the download is complete and then open the file to be installed on your system.
- Click the install option as soon as you open the downloaded file. Tap the Yes button in case a UAC prompt is displayed.
- When the Setup Successful message appears on your window, select the Launch option to open it.
- Sign into your Roku account and go to the Roku Channel Store. Search for the Plex app and download it on your laptop. Subscribe to the Plex app.
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network. Now your Roku streaming stick and laptop will be linked.
- You can stream content from Roku on your laptop through the Plex media server.
How TO SET UP ROKU STREAMING STICK 2016?
Setting up a Roku streaming stick with your TV is pretty easy if you make use of the how to Set up Roku Stick procedure that is given on this website.
- Check if your TV has an HDMI port. If not, get an HDMI extender cable to connect the streaming stick to the TV.
- Turn on the TV once you connect the Roku stick to its HDMI port.
- As soon as the TV starts, the Choose a Language screen will be displayed. Make sure you select a language you know well because all the information, option and dialog boxes will be specified in the chosen language only.
- The next step is to connect your Roku stick to the Internet. To do so, select a wireless network of your wish from the list of networks displayed. Enter the necessary credentials to connect to the network.
- In case your network is not shown in the list, tap the Scan again to See all the Networks option.
- The scanning for the network process will start again, and the list will be displayed in a few seconds. Specify the password correctly.
- If you want to see the password while you are typing, choose the Show Password option to refrain from entering the wrong password.
- Wait till the latest software is downloaded on your Roku streaming stick. Then, create an account for using Roku.
- Complete the activation steps displayed on your screen. You can now start streaming your videos.
How TO SET UP ROKU STREAMING STICK PLUS?
The Roku streaming stick plus is specially designed to reduce wireless interference and to provide a reliable & fast connection. Take a look at the steps specified below for How to Set Up Roku Stick and follow it.
- First, connect the Roku streaming stick plus to your TV. There are two ports to the Roku stick.
- The port on one end should be inserted into the HDMI port of the TV, and the other port on the other end should be associated with the USB port of the TV or with the power supply through an adapter.
- Once you insert the streaming stick, the Choose a Language screen will appear on your TV.
- Scroll down through the list of languages available and select a language of your choice.
- Note that the Roku Stick Setup information, options, etc., will be displayed in the chosen language only. Press the OK button once you select the language.
- Next, you should connect the Roku streaming stick plus to the network. So, the TV starts searching for the wireless networks that are available in the area around it.
- Choose your network from the list of results displayed. If you do not find your network, tap the Scan Again to See All Networks option.
- Check if the network you want is displayed in the second set of results. Enter the security key correctly and click the Connect option to connect the Roku stick to the network successfully.
- Set the Display Type and then set up your Enhanced remote with the TV.
- Finally, sign up for a Roku account so that you can stream videos of your choice.
How TO SET UP DIRECTV NOW ON ROKU?
Read and carry out the instructions for How to Set Up Roku Stick with DirecTV without consuming much time.
- DirecTV can now be streamed on your Roku device using the instructions specified below.
- This DirecTV app has a long line of live channels that can be viewed anytime.
- It contains channels such as HBO, Cinemax, SHowtime, Starz, Tbs, MTV, WH-1, ESPN, Creature Planet, FX, Spike, Toon Network, Dynamite, Disney, BBC America, etc.
- Now that DirecTV has a lot of channels, you can set it up on Roku. You need a Roku account for proceeding with the setup process.
- This app has three categories of channels, Live TV, On Request, and Premium Channels. You can choose anyone to watch videos.
- Switch on your TV and the Roku device. Press the Home Catch button on your remote.
- Select the Streaming Channels Alternative option from the Home menu. Once you enter the Streaming Channels page, search for the DirecTV NOW option and add it to the Roku’s channel list.
- Sign into your Roku account and start watching videos of your choice.
How TO SET UP KODI ON ROKU STICK?
- Get to know How to set up Kodi on Roku streaming stick with the help of the how to Set up Roku Stick guidelines mentioned below. Check if you have the necessary requirements prior to initiating the Roku Stick Setup process.
- Kodi cannot be installed directly on Roku. You can make use of the screen mirroring feature to stream Kodi.
- Initially, press the Home button available on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to the Settings option and check if the Roku has the latest software installed on it. If not, download and install it.
- Select the Screen Mirroring tab and choose the Enable Screen Mirroring option present on the right side of the window.
- The next step is to pair your Roku device to the Smartphone or PC.
- If you are connecting using PC, then select the Roku Streaming Stick Setup Devices option from the Start button.
- Click the Project option. Tap the Add a Wireless Display option to connect your PC to the Roku stick.
- The computer will start searching for available devices. Choose your Roku stick from the list of devices displayed and then connect them.
- If using an Android mobile to connect, go to Settings and choose the Add a Device option from the Screen Mirroring menu to connect your Roku and phone.
- Now, you can start streaming videos from your PC to Roku.
Roku Stick Setup to WiFi
Your Roku stick can be connected to the Wi-Fi during or after its setup. Follow any one of the methods to associate it with your Wi-Fi for How to Set Up Roku Stick.
- Once you insert the Roku stick to the TV, the Choose a Language screen will appear on your TV.
- After you select the desired language, you should choose the type of connection that you are going to establish.
- The wired connection screen will appear if you have connected an Ethernet cable to the TV. If it doesn’t, it means you are going for the wireless connection.
- The search for available networks will begin. Choose your network from the list of networks displayed.
- In case your network is not present, the Scan again to See all Networks option has to be selected.
- Choose your network SSID, and key in the correct password.
- Your Roku stick is now connected to the Wi-Fi.
AFTER THE INITIAL SETUP:
- Tap the Home button present on the Roku remote that is connected to the device.
- Scroll up or down to find the Settings option.
- Next, choose the Network option and then select the Roku Stick Connection option to establish a connection between your network and the Roku device.
- The connection chosen should be either Wired or Wireless.
- For a wired Roku Stick Setup, attach the Ethernet port to the device.
- For a wireless connection, select your wireless network’s SSID and enter the password properly.
- The Roku stick is now connected to the Wi-Fi. Now the How to Set Up Roku Stick process is completed.