CAUSES ROKU ERROR CODE 014.62
The Roku error code 14.62 is caused mainly due to signal problems. If there is no proper signal, then Roku will have streaming issues. Make use of the procedure given here to resolve the issues that occur with your Roku.
HOW TO FIX ROKU ERROR CODE 014.62
- If you are not able to connect to your network, then this error code will be displayed. It will appear even if there are any playback issues.
- First, you have to check your wireless signal strength using the following procedure. Navigate to the Roku Settings menu on your Roku device and select the Network option.
- Check if your device is connected to the network. Else, choose the Set-Up New Wireless Connection option.
- In case your wireless network is not displayed, you have to move the Roku device close to the router. Next, tap the Setup New Wireless Connection option.
- Read through the prompts displayed and follow them to set up the device to a network successfully.
- Once the ‘Connection is established successfully’ message appears, the signal strength will be displayed as Poor, Fair, or Excellent.
- Next, check if there is any interference between the router and the device.
- If so, remove the objects that are causing the interference. Keep it aside and then stream your favorite videos. In case you have placed the Router in a closed space, remove it from there and place it in a spacious area. This can also cause low signal strengths.
- Reset the router to solve this issue. Find the Reset button available at the back of the router. Press the Reset button on your router and hold it for a few seconds. Wait till the reset process is over, try streaming videos.
- If you have connected the Roku device and the router via an Ethernet cable, you have to check if there is any problem with the cable. Replace the Ethernet cable and check if the Roku Error Code 014.62 error is resolved.